6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- (add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the 1/4 cup sugar, to sprinkle)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour butter into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish; set aside. Drain
- peaches, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a saucepan, bring the peaches
- and juice just to a boil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar,
- flour, milk, baking powder and salt; mix well. Pour over butter in
- baking dish. Spoon hot peaches over batter. Sprinkle with remaining
- sugar. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.